Hot liquor tank is mainly used for supplying the hot water for brewing and cleaning. Hot water tank completed with a top cone head, fabricated going over to the body in rounded off shape. And all welding is done under protection-gas atmosphere; inside properly ground, outside ground.
Both hot and cold liquor tanks need to be properly sized so the setup can support your brewing system with the correct amount of water at the right temperature and quantity. We prefer to size liquor tanks according to the size of the brewery and the capacity it is operating with. The hot and cold tanks can be setup with integrated valves so recirculating, heating, and delivering contents is possible with leaving the platform setup. Both hot and cold liquor tanks can be set to automatically maintain the correct temperatures. An option is to hard-pipe the hot and cold liquor tanks to the brewery as SS piping provides highly improved cleanliness and efficiency over that of flexi-hoses. By hard-piping your setup, it will reduce the need for you to leave the platform in order to adjust the temperature or add water.
Hot Liquor Tanks or HLT are used by advanced home brewers to heat the strike (water first mixed with the grain at the start of mashing) and sparge water (added to mash to extract sugars converted from the grain starch). The name 鈥淗ot Liquor Tank鈥?is not a true representation of the HLT function; it never holds anything resembling alcohol or sweet wort. An HLT is actually a hot water tank. Hot Liquor Tanks have a very simple function as it is the container wherein the brewing water is heated up to a suitable temperature for the mash. If your recipe requires brewing salts, they are added to the source water in the HLT.
Why Do Breweries Need a Hot Liquor Tank?
HLT is an essential part of a large-scale brewery, although there are several methods for heating water for smaller scale setups. A Hot Liquor Tank is a separately insulated vessel used for several stages in the brewing process.
鈼?nbsp;When the water for the mash has been heated to the correct temperature, it is decanted into the hot liquor tank.
鈼?nbsp;Next, the water in the hot liquor tank is used during the mashing process.
鈼?nbsp;Once the water from the kettle is moved to the HLT, it is possible to refill the kettle and begin heating it up for the sparge.
鈼?nbsp;The brewer has to wait for the sparge water without an HLT.
鈼?nbsp;Hot liquor tanks retain heat and this saves on energy expenditure.
The hot water storage tank can be heated by electric, gas and steam for different requirements.
Steam heated hot water tank: completed with dimple jacket.
Electric heated hot water tank: Assembly with electric heating tubes, voltage customized.
Gas heated hot water tank: directly fire heated, bottom burner chamber with gas for heating.
1) 100% TIG welded, Interior and exterior finish polished to sanitary finish.
2) Interior finish pickled and passivated.
3) Fully welded exterior shell.
4) All signs & wording in English.
5) All tanks will have completed inspection record, Including Test Data & Serial Number.
6) All Construction is from SUS304 food grade stainless steel, all pipes are SUS304.
7) All Gaskets are manufactured with EPDM.
8) All tanks are sanitary tri-clamp connections.
9) All tanks will be pressure tested for 24 hours before leaving the factory.
10) Round type, dished or cone head, and 5掳-15掳 cone bottom, with adjustable legs.
11) With an average of 15% head space.
12) 80mm Polyurethane insulation.
13) Outer shell: SUS304, thickness 2mm, brushed finished.
14) Inner shell: SUS304, thickness 3mm or 4mm, All with 2B internal surface finish.
15) Working pressure in the tank: Atmospheric pressure (Full water test for 24 hours).
16) Top or Side manway.
17) Two lifting ear at top.
18) CIP cleaning port at top.
19) Recirculation Port to address temperature stratification.
20) Pt100 Thermocouple interfaces.
21) Sight Level Tube - Allows for easier monitoring of volumes.
22) Overflow port that drains to the ground.
23) Separate Drain and Water outlet port.
- CIP Spraying Ball 脳1
- Heating Element 脳2
- Temp sensor 脳1
- Drain outlet pipe with butterfly valve 脳1
- CIP arm with butterfly valve 脳1
- Four legs with Adjustable footpads 脳4
- Gaskets, tri-clamp, fittings and all parts 脳1Hot Liquor Tank
website:www.cnmbrewing.com/hot-liquor-tank/More details: Hot Liquor Tank